The Technical Writer - Business Readiness Associate is responsible for ensuring the readiness of the business in adapting to change in business flows relevant to the
implementation/deployment of a new system/process. This role is responsible for minimizing business operations disruption, enabling a smooth transition from the use of a legacy
system/old process to a new one.
Duties & responsibilities
- Prepares project application documentation using Google Slides, MS Powerpoint Slides, Word Document, and/or online knowledge base (Wiki).
- Researches writes, edits, and proofreads more complex technical data for use in documents or sections of documents such as manuals, procedures, specifications, and online knowledge base to provide clients with information regarding technical areas in a less technical way.
- Studies current business model, processes, and customer journey from the client and proposes better ways to improve these.
- Ensures that the flow of the project/application to be deployed satisfies the approved and updated business processes.
- Seeks to suggest better ways to improve business process flows and proposes to integrate this to the system to be developed/being developed.
- Ensures users’ readiness to the project/application implemented by providing training/walk-throughs to the client/user.
- Updates training manuals, materials, and system documentation, should there be changes, and makes sure these changes are approved by the Project Director and stakeholders.
- Interacts with product managers/owners, subject-matter experts, application development teams, management, and others as needed; reads previous documentation and design notes; and uses computer-based training or company technical products to gather and research technical information for use in more complex
- Maintains versioning of training manuals, materials, and system documentation.
- Creates documentation that meets the needs of multiple audiences and user profiles, from novice to expert.
- Assists in establishing style guidelines and standards for text and illustrations to meet business needs.
- Organizes material and completes writing assignments according to set standards regarding order, clarity, conciseness, style, and terminology; may maintain records and files of work and revisions; may select photographs, drawings, sketches, diagrams, and charts to illustrate the material.
- Creates, compiles, and delivers more complex system/software development documentation packages from technical project team inputs, system requirements analysis, system design specifications, technical system design, technical procedure development, configuration control requirements, test and training specifications, and programming notes.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- At least one year of working experience as a Technical Writer or Business Readiness Analyst.
- Proven good working experience in technical writing position.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency in Draw.io, MS Visio, Google Applications (Slides, Sheets, etc.), Microsoft Office Applications.
- Strong attention to details.
- Ability to explain technical terms and procedures in a simpler way for multiple audiences.
- Skilled in time management and multi-tasking.
- Self-motivated and disciplined.